Easy Simple SEO Tutorial
How to do Easy Simple SEO
by Teena Hughes
In this video tutorial, I show you how to do Absolutely Easy Simple SEO.
Forget learning about researching keywords, trends, search volumes and which ones bring the most traffic – let’s start with the easiest SEO lesson you’ll ever find.
In the next video tutorial I’ll give you the next lesson on how to proceed with the SEO on your website. Make sure you’ve signed up for my Newsletter so you don’t miss out.
— TRANSCRIPT —
1. The absolutely simplest way to understand SEO with Teena Hughes
2. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimisation (or Optimzation) depending on which side of the “pond” you’re on
3. So, SEO means, “Which words will someone search for?” The words people search for are known as KEYWORDS.
4. Searching for a string of words in a row is called a ‘long-tail keyword’ phrase
5. If someone wanted to ﬁnd you online, your product or service, what WORDS would they type?
6. More and more people are typing QUESTIONS as a search – so what are those questions?
7. If you own a shoe store, some searches might be:
— where can I ﬁnd red sandals in san francisco
— how much are red sandals in melbourne
— where can I ﬁnd large red sandals in athens
Starting to get the picture? The searches have more than 2 or 3 words in them – these are LONG-TAIL KEYWORD PHRASES and THIS is how you can start adding SEO to your website. Type QUESTIONS people are searching for.
8. If you had a site about dog training: how do I stop my german shepherd biting how do I train my labrador to shake hands what can I do to stop my dog from barking So now you might be starting to see how important it is to use QUESTIONS and ANSWERS on your website …
9. If you had a site about tap-dancing monkeys: how do I get my monkey to wear a tutu how do I train my monkey to smile what can I do to stop my monkey from running around in class wearing tap shoes I included these questions above just in case you know someone with a tap-dancing monkey 🙂
10. If you had ANSWERS to these QUESTIONS on your website or blog, chances are those pages will APPEAR IN THE SEARCH RESULTS when someone types a similar question into a search engine. Now that sounds like a good idea, doesn’t it?
11. Many people will tell you how to: SEARCH for the best keywords USE the best keyword search tools FIND keywords with the BEST TRAFFIC CALCULATE how strong the keywords are. Forget all of that for now. The bottom line is, you CAN learn many SEO tactics, but I highly recommend STARTING SIMPLE, and doing something EASY.
12. Over the next few days: WRITE DOWN as many questions as you can think of that people have asked about your products and services (check your email for ideas from questions via your website) PLAN to write a page or post about EACH question ADD these pages or posts to your website or blog.
13. Don’t overdo it. Start SIMPLE. Try with 3-5 QUESTIONS. Write the Question at the top of the page now write 3-5 paragraphs ABOUT that question, as an ANSWER. Feel proud that you’ve added NEW JUICY CONTENT to your site, which people will be searching for.
14. That’s your homework for today 🙂 In the next video, I’ll show you HOW to turn those QUESTIONS (those long-tail keyword phrases) into juicy SEO food for search engine robots.
15. See you in the next SIMPLE SEO video!
Cheerio from Teena Hughes
PS – if you haven’t signed up for the YOUR BIZ HOT TIPS Newsletter, pop over to the site today! Get more great tips like this in your inbox!
— end Transcript —
I hope you enjoyed this quick video about Easy Simple SEO. If you’d like to see more videos and tutorials like this, please visit my Youtube Channel >>
Music “Nowhere Land” by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License